Tags: attorney, californiabri, estate, evict, law, lawyer, legal, neighbors, petition, property, real, renters, state, statewhat

petition to evict renters

On Lawyer & Legal » Real Estate & Property Law

3,288 words with 6 Comments; publish: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:38:00 GMT; (80046.88, « »)

The state is: The state is: California

I was wondering if it is possible to petition my neighbors to evict renters who live next door. I live in a HOA and they have been a problem since they arrived. Our homeowners in the neighborhood don't want them here and I need to know if we petition as an association can we force an eviction?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 6 Comments
    • Thanks for the info. They renters have violated many of the CC&R's and also have a misdemeanor charge pending against them because they created a swamp in their backyard which led mosquito abatement to file charges against them for a health code violation. There is currently about $500 in violations charged against them and I believe the HOA is working to get a lien on the home. It's not just that we don't like them and don't want them here. We don't want them here because they are in constant violation.
      #1; Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:04:00 GMT
    • I don't know if they are violating lease terms. They are renters next door. We are homeowners. They are renting the house next to us. They are violating the CC&R's of our homeowners association. I would like to petition the neighbors to force the landlords hand to evict them. Thanks for the advice though.
      #2; Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:22:00 GMT
    • Quote:
      #3; Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:50:00 GMT
    • Just not wanting them there wont cut it . First you have to use any Hoa restrictions /Rules that can be enforced against the LL , and local ordinance violations that are reported to police . Then and only then it will be up to the LL to take action . YOU can petition all you want but unless the LL has provable problems related to illegal activity or lease violations there is nothing they can do .
      #4; Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:33:00 GMT
    • You note that they are in constant violation -- are they actually violating "lease" terms? If they are, contact their landlord and see if they can evict based on violatios of their lease terms. If you all have the same landlord, and you are all unhappy I can't imagine a landlord would want to upset alot of their tenants for the sake of one rather annoying set. There has to of course, be a tangible lease violation to make this work though. Good luck.
      #5; Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:24:00 GMT
    • Whoa Skeeterbug.

fauve4 wondered if they all had the same landlord and allisonp28 stated that they are homeowners and the neighbors are renters. A simple statement of fact.

Why the venom? It's the neighborhood's business when a tenant's irresponsible behavior causes problems for the others living there.

Skeeterbug says:

"sounds like to me that you think you are better because you own your house instead of rent. get your damm nose out of the air before you drown in a rain storm. like it or not some people have to rent my suggestion is MIND YOUR OWN DAMM BUSINESS. sounds like also you have nothing better to do than try to stick your nose in someone elses life."

#6; Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:03:00 GMT