Tags: apartment, attorney, bath, cleaned, damages, estate, law, lawyer, legal, moved, moving, overflowed, pennsylvania, prior, property, real, tub, water

Damages in PA Pennsylvania

On Lawyer & Legal » Real Estate & Property Law

686 words with 0 Comments; publish: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:03:00 GMT; (80046.88, « »)

I moved out of my apartment on June 20, 2006. Three months prior to moving out, the bath tub in my apartment overflowed. I cleaned up the water out of my apartment... but not quickly enough and water seeped into my Landlord's dwelling. I spoke with my landlord about it, and remained for another 3 months in the apartment. At no time, did he indicate to me that there were damages to be paid. Now, after a year and a half, his homeowner's insurance notified me that there's a claim and that they've done an investigation and that the damages are in excess of $9,000 and that without contacting me at all, they think I'm at fault.

What in the world should I do? Is this legal?

All Comments

Leave a comment...