Tags: abandoned, affluent, attorney, boarded, estate, eyeing, indicating, law, lawyer, legal, neighborhood, property, real

abandoned property

On Lawyer & Legal » Real Estate & Property Law

726 words with 1 Comments; publish: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:41:00 GMT; (80062.50, « »)

I have been eyeing an abandoned property in an affluent neighborhood for almost a year now. The property is boarded, and there is no sign indicating it has been siezed,put up for sale, etc.. I did some research and was able to locate the name of the owner, yet have not been able to contact. What are the steps I am allowed/should be taking in my attempts to aquire this property legally? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

All Comments

Leave a comment...

    • 1. Find the owner and convince him/her to sell.

      2. Wait to see the property come up in a Sheriff's sale for unpaid taxes.

      3. Move in and declare the place yours and hope no one tries to move you out until the adverse possession time limits have run. Not advisable.

      #1; Thu, 01 Jun 2000 02:45:00 GMT